• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Brite Box?

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
It seems to be a really simple thing to install and use, but is it a good product or is it not worth the money? I like the idea.
I just don't know what box to get for my Ranger. What Fog Lamp bulb part # is on a 2002 Fx4 Off Road, and where do you find this info at?

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You can do the exact same thing with some know how... Called a relay. I did it on my old truck and its the same thing as the Bright box. all the bright box does is allow your low beams to stay on with your high beams. and since the fog lights come on with the low beams the will turn on with the high/low combo.

heres a link to the tech page.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/hibeams.html

look at highs with lows on. I personally can't see spending 80 bucks for that when you could get decent aux lights for around the same price. the relay mod will cost between 10 - 20 bucj=ks and if you are good at wiring it, it will serve you well.

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! This has answered my question. I love this web site. :D

99_3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.GO!
Transmission
Automatic
Does this create too much heat in the housing with a newer Halogen bulb? Is this a safe mod to do with newer Rangers?

dwsykes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
14, 88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5TT, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
so far on my old 88 ranger it works great. I am now trying to locate a wiring harness for my newer truck (don't want to cut into a new truck wiring harness).

:icon_confused:I have wondered the same...I guess someone on this website will know.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I actually don't know if this is a safe mod for the newer Bulbs. It has been working great on my 84 but that also has the sealed beam lights. I am not 100% sure this won't pop or melt your 9007 bulbs, but its the same basic concept as the bright box without the 100$ price tag. I think i am just gonna add more lights to my 99 and not risk exploding my 60 sylvania bulbs.

You can try it but I can't garauntee it won't pop them I only have experience with the BA Sealed Beam bohemouths! lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals