• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Accelerator Pedal Bolts (to the frame)..fell out while on hwy

militarydave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
As i'm driving back from scrapping an old Nissan Sentra and some other scrap metal in my 89 5spd longbed ranger... I'm going about 70-75mph while some tundra decides to try and beat me as they're merging onto the highway... I ease off the accelerator and ride the clutch a bit, and when i lay off the clutch and give it some gas... the accelerator pedal just goes out on me.

It's dangling and just all over the place. Luckily I was able to coast to a nearby exit, and ran a stop sign since there was no other traffic and landed at a truck stop/gas station. I called roadside to tow me home, and as i'm waiting for the flatbed or small tow truck... I notice that the 3 bolts that hold the accelerator to the frame are completely gone!!

I pop the hood, get a flashlight and ask some random person if they can see the light thru the holes in the firewall. Sure enough.. all 3 bolts just fell out or something.

I'm about to go to lowes or home depot and get some bolts and washers and locking nuts, but does anyone know the length of these bolts?

I tried looking all over the internet and cannot find any info on these bolts. LMC Truck, Rock Auto, and local auto parts stores (Autozone, Oreillys, Napa, Advance, Car Quest, etc) do not carrry of even offer this bolt.

any ideas or dimensions or even a pic of what the bolts look like would greatly help!

thanks!

tinman_72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Factory
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
255/60R15
My credo
RoHS compliant
I had the same thing happen to me on my '93. I thought it was just tack welded on and they popped out leaving a hole. I stuck bolts in there with two nuts to lock them in place. Haven't had a problem since.

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My 97 was just tack-welded... it's got about 6 zip-screws in it now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals