• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Best 4.0 Donor for '90 BII?

Thighman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I know that you veteran forum members get this question all the time. I have read/skimmed as many 4.0 swap threads as I can, but I wanted to know what the best 4.0 donor is for the 1990 Bronco II.

By the way I am mainly asking with the concern for wiring. I seem to come across threads talking about a Ranger 4.0 being more compatible than an Explorer. I would like to know if this is true.

Specifically I have access to a 1992 Ranger 4.0 with manual windows and locks or a 1991 Explorer with power windows and locks (both are 4x4 manual transfer case with automatic transmission).

I figured that before pulling the trigger on one of these vehicles I would ask the simple question.

Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals