• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wrecked Rangers

Caleb_19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Painful subject, I know. I wrecked my previous 07 ranger last November and I was amazed at how well it held up. The truck saved my wife, my sister and my life. Rolled 3 1/2 times down an 80ft embankment and the cab help up surprisingly well.

Anyway, I was really impressed with how well the truck help up to my stupidity, and wanted to see what other people's Rangers have been through.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Mine has only ever been in minor accidents. I think the worst one was when dad T-boned another car, we walked away with a new fender and a new grille. I don't think he even broke the headlights.

I had a buddy in high school who walked away from rolling two Rangers over like you did though.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wow, you ARE lucky. I had a similar accident when I was 16 in a Volvo. Landed with the drivers door against a tree stump, stopping me from going further down the mountain, which probably saved my life. Ruptured spleen, broken hip, left knee tendons torn, broken bone in my left hand. I was in ICU for 2 weeks and hospitilized for another 2 weeks. spent the next two months at home before going back to school. That was in the mid-70's. As far as Rangers, I rolled my 91 Ranger race truck. No damage to me, but the front clip needed to be replaced as well as the drivers door and bedside. My avatar shows it as it landed.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Notice the low buck race truck took a roll in stride . As for the OP. Buddy slow down ,especially with passengers. Sheeesh! :shok:

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Man that kinda scared me looking at that my dd ranger took a toyota 4 runner head on while being towed backwards due to loss of clutch took out one headlight wrinkled pass side fender then fixed the headlights hit a deer two weeks later blew it all apart again another two weeks then hit another deer wasted the lights a 3rd time

The only roll over I have ever been in was samurai while wheelin an I was in the back and it rolled over me and surprisingly didn't get hurt

Looking at your truck is just ridiculous I'm glad you and your sister are ok

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

Attachments

Last edited:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a coworker go off a bank like that deer hunting.It was a little dirt road wasn't wearing his seat belt he was 24.In the big picture that truck isn't much as long as you two are ok.

Caleb_19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks everyone, luckily we all walked away in pretty remarkable condition. My sister had a slight concussion and that was the worst of the injuries. Aside from whiplash and being sore none of us had any long lasting injuries. Can't ask more from a rig than saving your life! Definitely learned my lesson from that one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals