• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's Build

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Pretty sure a D44 pumpkin hangs down lower then the D35. I bust ice and move rocks with my ttb beam. Ive seen what happens to diff covers doing that lol.
Kris - Did you snapring your axle joints? Clearance the intermediate shaft? Clearance the beam windows? Smoke a big bowl of crack before you put 38.5" boggers on a D35?? Lol does your 302 buddy ever lock his hubs? How many cylinders is that 302 running on?

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
"No matter what the D35 ttb is nowhere newr as good as a D44 in any respect". Lol youre aware that they have the same size axle joint? Bigger then some D44s :p Linked D44 has 2 radius arm bushings and 2 panhard bar bushings. Thats 4 bushings and 2 coils. Ttb has 2 radius arm bushings and 2 pivot bushings. Thats 4 bushings and 2 coils. Only thing more complicated is 1 extra ujoint. 1 ujoint isnt that much more complicated and hard to wrap your brain around ;p

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
You are right. Anyone who swaps out a TTB 35 for a solid 44 is a moron. I don't know why we do the swap...apparently we like to waste money and don't know how to wheel.

I should have kept my 35.... I wish I still had hat type hubs, stamped steel beams, 27 spline axles, not having the option for upgraded shafts.

I would be miles ahead of where I am now if I had just kept the TTB...

Sent from my XT907 using Crapatalk

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Happy? Now please quit cluttering my thread with your valued opinions. You have successfully convinced all of us that the TTB is the best thing since sliced bread.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Holy **** bud. You just dont give up eh. A 44 has TUBES. therefore it has higher clearance 90% of the axle except the differential itself. And even then id bet theyre the same id not higher

No i didnt do shit to the 35 except tac the caps because i knew it wasnt worth my time. I bought the truck with the tires on it because it was 600$ for the tires or $800 for the truck and my other ranger needed a bed. I also broke every single shaft and joint in the whole front end and a steering box in one trip. Never hurt that 7.5" though

No point in clearancing beams and all that other bullshit when your running stock springs with no flex still. And yea we all lock out hubs and beat on the trucks pretty hard. Yes the u joints the same but the fact that a dana 44 has less servicable parts makes it a bit more reliable not to mention chrome molly shafts (not that anyone has them)

But your right. In fact im gonna go pull my 60 out and re install my 35. Sorry seth ill leave it now

Last edited:

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Man if I knew the 35 was that good I should of swapped my ifs for it instead of the dana 44

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Getting a bit of traffic in here.... need some updates to go with come on seth droo that turd back in place and go break it so we can all point and laugh

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I have a few more parts trickling in....then its go time. I need setup bearings for the 44 and a housing for the 8.8

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty sure a D44 pumpkin hangs down lower then the D35. I bust ice and move rocks with my ttb beam. Ive seen what happens to diff covers doing that lol.
Kris - Did you snapring your axle joints? Clearance the intermediate shaft? Clearance the beam windows? Smoke a big bowl of crack before you put 38.5" boggers on a D35?? Lol does your 302 buddy ever lock his hubs? How many cylinders is that 302 running on?
DO you ever really type anything that helps people, or do you just like to troll around and put other people down???

SO far I haven't seen you make one good post that would help someone.

also I would trust Plum Crazy rides more then I would trust anything you have claimed to make.

I would also Trust Plum Crazy INFO and building skills over you.

:offtopic::ban::threadjacked:

Plum, sorry for butting in, but that wuss is getting on my nerves, and I bet he is probably a 10 year old that has never been in a truck, just did a lot of reading on the internet and and now thinks he knows every thing.

Robert

posted using a burnt match and rusty nail

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
T-r-u-c-k? Whats a truck? You guys are fun ;) If I didnt read you guys bashing on the D35 ttb so much I wouldnt say anything. But then when you bust up your D44s its kinda hard to not point and laugh :thefinger:
You wouldnt be miles ahead if you had kept the D35. But youd probably have enough money to put those portal diffs in :icon_surprised:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Your an idiot.. your the one who started the entire argument. You asked why put a 44 in it was justified many times. Now go away or come wheeling so we can see you split a boulder with your stock dana 35 beam...

jamie4ltr

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Its Youre - not Your. And Im the moron lol? Cant spell...cant read/comprehend properly. Sigh...and youre the Canadian. I didnt say I split boulders. I also didnt say that you should pull your D60 and put a D35 back in.
Plum sounded full of himself and contradicted himself. I couldnt resist saying something.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
I bust ice and move rocks with my ttb beam.

:rolleyes: close enough... :rolleyes: and im sorry ill be sure to make sure i spell and punctuate perfect for the internet.... also i believe its *you're*

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
What is up with trolls these days? Makes you want to go out and sell off all your stuff and get out of the hobby.

NOT!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals