• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blower Switch part number?

Dredwolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Broke, had to learn...
On my 1993 XL, it does not have A/C. But the blower fan runs all the time on high. I replaced the plug pigtail and resistor, but it still only blows on high. Spent time fiddling with the knob on the heater/vent controls, I believe the switch has failed, because if you twist/push/pull just right, it will change speeds, but will default back to high once you remove pressure.

Trying to find a part number for the switch, I keep getting a YH-489(OE # E9TZ19986A), which is for a truck with A/C. Does anyone know the part number for the non-A/C switch, or can I use the A/C one anyway?

Thanks!

Dredwolf

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
The part number comes up as the connector and adjuster that sits behind the faceplate so it doesn't matter whether or not you have A/C.

If you need to replace the actual face plate (cover for the dash) that would be a different part number...that is embossed on the back of the face plate you already have.

Dredwolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Broke, had to learn...
So I found some answers...

And yes, the switch for trucks with A/C works fine for a heater-only truck. So the part number from the old switch is F27H-1857-AA with a 9249 at end of decal.

From Ebay, I bought a NOS YH-489 (E9TZ-19986-A) for less than $20, with the LED for A/C activation, it plugged right in and seems to work fine. :D

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Good work!

I had a similar problem with my Suzuki Sidekick and found the same thing...same connector for both but on that model year of the vehicle they just used a different faceplate.

Removes the need to find specific parts when they are generic...but it would have saved me a lot of frustration if I knew that before I started looking.

I still actually have the bezel and faceplate from that truck...tried to sell it on Kijiji but didn't get any takers...:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals