• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

brakes

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Someone told me to bypass the anti lock brake system on fender. What would happen if I did this?

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Someone told me to bypass the anti lock brake system on fender. What would happen if I did this?
I just found out rear brakes aren't working at all. Now what? Thanks Joey!

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
brakes not working

1999 Ranger. replaced mc, booster, rear brakes and front brakes are almost new. I've bled them at least ten times pedal still go almost to floor. I've ajusted the rear brake twice to make sure. Fluid come out at each corner but not much pressure.You can push brake and still turn rear wheels. Tried bypassing the rabs box still didn't work. I need this fixed I drive my grand kids in this. Thanks!

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
At this point, I would attach a pressure gauge to each of the MC ports, and measure the hydraulic pressure. How many PSI when you press the brake pedal? It should be very high, like 800 to 1200 psi. Is it?

If yes, then MC & booster are OK. If not, then MC or Booster is the problem.
Then measure the pressure at each wheel. Is it the same? It should be identical, otherwise there's a line blockage. If there is good pressure to each wheel, then it's gotta be seized WC or calipers.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Go over every single coupling and tighten them. With the nose up in the air take the top off the MC. You should get a steady drip at the furthest bleeder. If you don't, then there is still air in the system. It is that darn simple. :D

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Go over every single coupling and tighten them. With the nose up in the air take the top off the MC. You should get a steady drip at the furthest bleeder. If you don't, then there is still air in the system. It is that darn simple. :D
I've done this and used whole bottle of brake fluid.Still I don't know what the air is. my son said he could feel it when truck was running and push brake while feeling under dash.

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Alright guys I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and I shouldn't lisen to my friends. Is the proportioning valve on fender wall beside of battery with wires plugged in to it? or is it the thing screwed into mc where back brake line goes in ? Thanks joey!:icon_confused:

joey7478

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 ranger
Make / Model
1990 ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I went out this morning and ran another half a quart of brake fluid thru system. when engine is running I pulled the vacume line out of mc and the brakes have good pedal. But as soon as plug it back in pedal go to floor. Thanks joey!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals