• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help with clutch rod

kathi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
BMW
Transmission
Automatic
I am having issues, i was driving until i whent to shift into third but the pedal stuck to the floor. Had it towed. I replaced the hydraulic line from master to slave cylinder, bench/gravity/burp bled the master before installing. I replaced the clip and foam bushing as well. But i now came to realize the push rod slipped right out of master and i know once it goes in it doesnt come out. i have a 2 1/2 to 2 inch play from when i pull the pedal back to the master. Do i need a clip to attach to end of push rod to slip into master? or do i Need a new master cylinder? I am in inkster michigan for work and truck is just sitting at hotel while i lose out on money. and am 700 miles from home, I need help fast.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
What year and what engine Ranger do you have?

There should be no "play" in clutch pedal's push rod and Master cylinder when pedal is down or up all the way.
Could push rod have broken so a piece is missing, snapped off?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
the clutch pedal pushrod tip is retained into the master cylinder piston by inward facing barbs, similar to the barbs inside the hydraulic coupling barbs or the barbs in the later fuel line connectors that retain the high pressure fuel lines to the fuel filter.

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
Mine did something like that and it was the slave cylinder blew out. I replaced all of it master and slave.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals