• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duratec compatability

Tractorman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I think the engine in my 04 is blown (possibly rod?) But I found a2010 for 950, will it work as a direct replacement? Thanks

Tractorman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well i'm still not sure what is going on... i pulled the valve cover in hopes i would find a broken cam or some such easy fix but I've still got nothing. the cams and chain look GREAT and all the springs and buckets move the way they should, so i put a compression gauge on it and #1 has 180psi after 3 revolutions #s 2,3&4 have between 210-240psi after 3 revolutions. i found this a little weird because the "knock" i heard sounded like it was from the back of the engine... i guess it is a bottom end problem after all?

theturbokid83

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
255/55r18 or 235/75r15
My credo
We're only as good as our gear.
Did you try a wet compression test on Cyl. one? If there is no real improvement of pressure, do a leak-down test. If it does jump a lot say 50+ psi you have shitty rings. If not, well that sucks. leak down, depends were you hear the air come out. intake=valve exhaust=valve crank case=really bad ring/piston failure. no matter what the heads comming off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals