• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS 20th Meet and Greet Omaha area

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check this out so you know what is going on:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1614897#post1614897

Anyway, looking for ideas for a meet around Omaha.

I am in the Red Oak IA area (an hour southeast of Omaha), my car club has a car show the third Saturday in August. If we have a good weekend (no rain/storms) we can crowd 300 cars, it is a pretty good sized show. We have done it before where we put a club that comes to our show in their own class, I think we could do the same for TRS. That is my idea and of course it is dependent on Jim’s schedule.

Doesn't have to be showroom perfect to be in our show (mine isn't) but I know some will be apprehensive about it and while it isn't much they do charge to enter. We could have a weenie roast at a park or something instead.

Any interest? Other ideas? Thoughts?

Last edited:

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm good with this, but are you looking to have a TRS meet the same weekend? If that's the case, I need to figure out how to get both the Mustang and the Ranger down to the show.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It was just an idea, I have been checking around for something offroad and so far have been striking out. It is going to depend on Jim's schedule too. Or we could do a bbq somewhere and just hang out. Or if anyone else has any ideas?

Last edited:

SVT Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V-6
Transmission
Automatic
It was just an idea, I have been checking around for something offroad and so far have been striking out. It is going to depend on Jim's schedule too. Or we could do a bbq somewhere and just hang out. Or if anyone else has any ideas?
There isn't much available "legally" in the area we live in to have a get together and do some wheeling. :dunno: Guess that's half the problem in this area. I know a guy that might have some ideas as he is huge in the Jeep scene over here. It would be good with even a get together, BBQ and some light fun in the trucks. I need to see if I can break it while it's still under warranty. :icon_rofl:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, they frown on tearing up the mud roads around here anymore. Everybody knows my truck (and I hate working on a muddy truck) so I haven't done it for over 10 years. There are a bunch of neat parks in the area (Waubonsie and Viking come to mind) for a campout or bbq but like dit squat for offroading. Everything is ATV only.

Car show is something everybody 4x4 or street truck could do (same for a campout and/or bbq) Sucky part is being part of the club I will probably be busy with the show during the show.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another idea:

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/featured/carscoffee

There is supposed to be some nice campgrounds out there, being a cheap Iowan I typically stay on my side of the river where I don't need a park permit after driving an hour + so I don't have any personal experience. I went thru the museum in college right after it opened, 10+ years ago it was phenomenal. Really good company to deal with too.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I plan to attend to the July event...happy to provide feedback afterwards. The Speedway Museum is very nice...lots of great cars, many of them racecars. Also, it's right next door to their speed shop so if you need any parts you can get them, too. It's the same parts counter they source their catalogue orders through.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I plan to attend to the July event...happy to provide feedback afterwards. The Speedway Museum is very nice...lots of great cars, many of them racecars. Also, it's right next door to their speed shop so if you need any parts you can get them, too. It's the same parts counter they source their catalogue orders through.
Judging by your weather comments I had wondered if you were somewhat in the area.

I haven’t made it out there since they started doing this to see what it is for a thing, some recon would be nice.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
How far west is this going?, There is a vfw off-road poker run in beatty NV. In mid October every year. I'm not a veteran but support the cause as often as I can. It's usually about 40 miles of mild trails and a BBQ and party at the end of the day.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How far west is this going?, There is a vfw off-road poker run in beatty NV. In mid October every year. I'm not a veteran but support the cause as often as I can. It's usually about 40 miles of mild trails and a BBQ and party at the end of the day.
It’s all kind of in the air at this point.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals