• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Superdoodie

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I won't lie to you all.
A) I'm not sure TRS is the place for this build. and B) I'm not certain this should be a build at all. and of course, C) Like all my other builds this will be excruciatingly long.

Also note that at the moment I don't have a camera so until I budget that in you don't need to add: :worthless:

Pix courtesy the Craplist ad I found this toilet at:

I'm even trying Google Photos for this since Photobucket now wants $400 / year to be able to share my photos. Photobucket can go the way of MySpace for that.

Besides some repair parts (it didn't make it home from the PO's house & I still haven't fixed it as yet) I've bought a right side door with full power accessories since this things gonna need some comfort and redeeming qualities so I'll want to keep it.
And finally, I paid $850 for it. Its a 2005 XL fleet spec, auto 2WD with 624,xxx kilometers on the original 5.4 24 valve mill. (thats about 388,xxx miles.)

Stay tuned. It can't get much worse can it? :popcorn:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Annnd: Google Photos is a fail first try. :icon_thumby:

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Lets try Imgur.

[/url][/IMG]

(apparently BB code kinda works.)

[/url][/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
Not to shabby!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It looks really clean.

For added frills dad added XLT composite headlights to his '04 XL, the difference was literally night and day. If it was mine I would do the mirrors too...

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
My computer finally lost my password to the "prerunner" name and I can't find the email it was created with so I'm now wiggle_wagon. (Its the nickname to the Bronco II, btw.)

85_Ranger4x4: Yeah, there are a couple different kits for modern mirrors and they're on the short list.

Doofy: I'm pretty glad I got it. Its surprisingly clean for its mileage and use.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would just do the dual post towing mirrors most Super Duties have.

Dad's is a Supercab with a tall service box on the back so it is hard to see much of anything behind you. A plain box with a standard cab probably wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited:

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
Kind of leaning towards these on Amazon or something fairly similar.
https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Towing-Mirrors-Excursion-Extendable/dp/B01ICMZC78
(these don't export to Canada, unfortunately.)
Locally, these are available from Torkparts.ca : http://www.torkparts.ca/accessories/tow-mirrors/2003-2007-ford-f250-f350-f450-upgrade-towing-mirrors.html

Eventually I'll do the front clip swap to 2011 - 2016 sheetmetal and save myself buying a new one for a while. https://mcnastycustomz.com/shop?olsPage=products/ford-super-duty-front-end-conversion-kits

For now, I'm just chasing some used truck gremlins and making it a more comfy dd. The previous owner had it stolen twice in a couple months so security is high on the to do list too. :annoyed:

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't forgotten about this thing. Some things have come up. For instance the ol' lady decided we're going on vacay in June so I've been spending most of my extra $$ paying her for my share of an impulsive credit card purchase. :bawling:
But I did get some extra $$ on my tax return (that she doesn't know about) so I'm trying to pull the trigger on some stuff for this. Hope to have some news tomorrow.

Stay tuned...

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
Well I had as big of a haul as the little Exploder could carry. The Craigslist contact turned out to be https://www.coastmountaindiesel.com/ who usually sells on Ebay. The crap I picked up included:
> Another right side door (2006) that I'm going to use as parts for the previous one as the 2004 door is much cleaner but missing stuff. He threw in the drivers side inner door panel and switches so they'd match when I got that door.
> Front 40/20/40 seats in grey cloth. Dirty and with a slight tear on the left bottom seat edge.
> 2008 - 2016 tailgate with the step and built-in grab handle. White, in fair shape. The local Craplist vultures want up to $2g for a super clean one. This one was $300. Replaces my 2008+ tailgate that was crushed on the inside middle.
> Tilt column for a 05 - 06 with cruise switches. (I loathe fixed steering wheels.) Oh, and he threw in a pair of 2008 - 2010 inner door panels (wrong color - "Stone") so I could mock them in without butchering a "good" set.
Quoted $500 for a complete dash.

Mike was a decent guy and was quite fair on his pricing. I'll go to him for more stuff when I get to that point. :icon_thumby:

Give me a bit to get pix off my crappy cellphone and I'll post 'em up.

wiggle_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 5.0 Explor
Make / Model
Blue 0val.
Transmission
Automatic
I ordered 2011 - 2016 style tail lights for this thing Sunday, regular ground freight, and had them this morning. This was my first order from Rock Auto and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Quick and quite fairly priced.
Still trying to do a general modernization. Theres a pair of black later style bumpers on Craplist. By the end of the weekend I'll have the back of the truck updated.
A camera is coming too.
:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals