• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rough country lift? 88 2wd

Nate.Mountain

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey yall long story short finally have the time and some money to work on the ranger. i have a 88, 2.9, 2wd. back a while a ago when i was broke i jimmy rigged a lift and put some f150 coils and some shakles on in the back. it lifted it up a good 2 to 3 inches but the camber up front is all jacked up. completely destroyed the front tires quick. i would like to throw a real lift kit on there now to get everything running straight and fit some 31s. i would like the best bang for the buck. nothing crap but nothing that will bust a whole in my wallet. i was looking around and i am thinking about buying this lift from rough country.

http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-suspension-lift-kit-515-20.html
anyone ever use this one before? price aint bad just dont wanna buy crap.

or maybe this one
http://www.superlift.com/lift-kits/5-inch-1983-1988-ford-ranger-suspension-lift-kit.asp

any recommendations? thanks

Last edited:

zrxsix3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
always wanted to put the rough country lift on my 94 just never can fund it... always something going down lol i would do the RC lift

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals