• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Died running and wont start now

Mini'ranger'truck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I need your help everybody.

I have a 1993 Ranger with the 3.0. I was on the highway and the truck died. Everything had power, she just died. She didn't putter or shake she just died. I left her over night and when I went back the following day she started right up. Drove her for another couple of days like that but she died again. Same thing.....just died. I went back the following day and she started but I could only drive for a block and then she died again. I was able to start her but she sounded like she had a miss fire. She would start but was idling really ruff. Now she wont even start. I wasn't sure if she was getting spark so i repled the ignition coil. She is getting spark to the cap for sure now but wont start. If I pull the center wire(one to the coil) she will start but then stop right away. My thought is that maybe its the ignition module??? I was thinking this since the first time when it cooled down she started and drove. I am hoping it just finally went out. A guy looked at it and said that it was the fuel pump or clogged filter that is starving the engine. But wouldn't the truck have come to a ruff stop like its out of gas if the fuel pump went out?

RedRanger69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My sock fell off my fuel pump and it was like someone reached down and shut off the key when the pump went bad. I would not rule it out. Pulling the tank on my 91 was a bear good luck.

Haywire6000

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo Four Plug Head
Transmission
Manual
I had a fuel pump fuse cause that. It was just broken on one side and would make/break connection at random times.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals