• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I know it's not a rbv but who cares

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah Mitch, are you done yet?

I've got the wheelin/campin bug really bad. Like, I'm gettin ready to hike behind the hogbacks and drink a beer with around some burning twigs.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
weld the rear and put an aussie up front. if you plan on mall crawling it, get aussies front and rear. as i mentioned before, wheel spin can be very evil!

13 months later I still have the same advice.

I have killed my b2 and killed its replacement since this build started...

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
13 months later I still have the same advice.

I have killed my b2 and killed its replacement since this build started...

and your point is what?

I don't exactly have all the free time in the world to dedicate to this thing.When i do get to work on it,it's usually measuring something or seeing if this fits or that fits and that doesn't get a whole lot accomplished.But I do have an update.The doesn't need to be stretched so for the mean time it's not gonna be.The cross-member is finally fvcking done.It took a while but i had to build it off the vehicle which is at my house and the shop with all the tools is 20 minutes away.So i wanted to make sure everything was spot on before i went ahead and built it.And it it.before anyone asks,yes that is one inch solid steel,yes i'm trimming down the right angle.No i didn't heat it to bend it I used a forklift.And yes I know the holes are huge.I'm gonna weld em shut where they shouldn't be open.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
been along time this has been updated.I've been wrenching on it fairly religiously and got everything done except i gotta order some soft lines for the brakes.I put my 2500 master cylinder on the jeep booster,ran hard lines all the way around.put my summit racing 4 core aluminum radiator in,edelbrock performer rpm intake,edelbrock 600cfm performer carb with spring needle and seat valve,wired everything up,got it running and it runs like a top which is awesome.Found out i've got an rv cam.Ordered my tires 39.5 pitbull rockers on weld wheels,exhaust sounds great,got my traction bar built,clearanced a double carden to do 35 degrees and built a rear shaft,got the front shaft in,part time'd my np203,got all my linkages done,detroited the rear,left the 10 bolt in the front for now but i got a FREE king pin chevy 60 from a guy that owns the local junkyard just down the street,it was already locked and had 35 spline bling in it(woot).

I'm tempted to sell the 35 spline bling and man up and order some rcv shafts for it.I'll just keep it on the side for when the 10 bolt blows up with the 39.5's.Anyways here's some pictures of it just hangin out,I haven't cut the body up yet(waiting on tires to check clearances.)oh btw those are 31's on it and after setting the body back on it i measured and have only gained 4 inches of lift so 39s+4" lift=loooooow.

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Once again it's been a while,i've been driving it around for a while now i gotta adjust the master cylinder so it's not so touchy and fix the rear t-case seal.I'm gonna swap the rear yoke out for a np208 front output so i have a cv rear and then i'll modfiy a cv to handle 30 degrees or so.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

oatmealman

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep yj 14b rea
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll get some pictures but I'm still waiting on my wheel tire combo to come(this is ridiculous) I'm getting ready to just cancel the order and go with some Goodyear wranglers.It's in pretty much the same as the picture above except all that crap listed is done now other than cutting the body.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals