• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Edge 4X4 "Super" Ranger

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I thought I would start a thread, though it will be Spring till we can do this. I have installed and tuned for two different type superchargers on fullsize Bronco's and an F150. I don't have need for a big truck anymore, yet I want V8 power. I am also appreciating having a bit better mileage. For that reason, everything will remain stock for now. I got the blower and will use the Banshee kit.

I know it will need a tune, I have tuned but need to decide on the best option.

Swat

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I sourced a rebuilt and painted supercharger and have ordered a kit from Banshee.

I looked-up the truck computer catch code (VQP0) on the Tweecer Web site. It is supported and uses the PEAV4 strategy. I need more info to see if a good tuning strategy is available from Tweecer for these builds. I have tuned with a Tweecer with and like the price better than SCT. It would take more of my time to tune going the Tweecer route but SCT is double if not triple the cost for a device and tuning software.

I got e-mails in to both Tweecer and Rogue (SCT) and will make a decision when I hear from them.

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I got a kit from Banshee, looks very good and complete. Much help was offered by Ron, Thanks!

Tweecer replied to my questions and they support most Fords up too 2005. I have decided to tune with a Tweecer RT, got one on the way with a base tune. The Tweecer is it for price, DIY'ers, and flexibility of products. They have the ability to simply burn a chip for a single custom tune all the way to dealer kits to tune multiple vehicles, plus you can upgrade the chip/tuner devices for more capability if needed or wanted.......

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Interested in learning more about the tuning. I was planning to get the pro race package from SCT, I already have a custom tuned X2, but will be making 20 psi changes soon, and want to start tuning myself. I'll have two OBD2 fords to custom tune with FI...

SVT

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I would be running a SCT tune, as Ron has already set one up specific to his kit with one of their dealers.

if anyone else needs chargers i have a bunch for sale lol. if you need a parts unit lmk.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I would be running a SCT tune, as Ron has already set one up specific to his kit with one of their dealers.

if anyone else needs chargers i have a bunch for sale lol. if you need a parts unit lmk.
This not my first supercharger. I have built, blown and tuned four V8's between a 91 Bronco and 96 F150, 302/349/351/393. Have you checked-out Tweecer? If not, please do. Scroll down the page and see the products/service and make your own comparison to SCT, I have. I can tune as I want at half the dough. http://www.tweecer.com/index.htm

I did not hear back from Rogue, SCT Tuner. I sent one e-mail and didn't pursue him after I researched SCT myself. The Tweecer RT offers much more for the price and DIY'er than does SCT. I will be able to tune, datalog, and move it to another vehicle when I want and do the same thing again and again. I plan on using it to tuning my 01 Exp. Limited once I get a used Powerdyne Supercharger kit adapted to it. The Ranger comes first though. I may then purchase a Tweecer dealer kit so I can burn a chip for the Ranger and do some additional tuning.,... but I digress.

For Plug and Play, Tweecer can burn a custom chip/tune, for your build for as low as $275.

I'll keep you in mind for parts.

It's about time for some pics.

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
This is gonna get done soon!

I have a tune built using the Tweecer and software. The Tweecer is installed and ready, in fact we have a tune on the rig. I bumped the timing up a bit and set it up for firmer and higher RPM shifts for 1-2 and 2-3. We got her hitting second at 6,000! Redline is 6,250.

Anyway, we have a base tune, It will go into open loop sooner, added fuel in open loop, cut timing, killed the knock sensor, we just need time to install the blower................

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
:yahoo:
Blown in two days! The tune is good, will take more time with it to get it even better.

It pulls great! Making 4.5lbs at 5,300' in altitude. I haven't had enough time to see at what load and rpm boost is coming in. That will be gotten when we get out and data log a bit. That is where we need fuel and less timing, before boost we want a more stock tune for mileage.

We might spin it a bit faster with a smaller pulley to get
6lbs.................................

She is up an flying like a little Banshee!

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Now at 6.5 lbs of boost with a smaller pulley! I dropped timing a bit, dropped the truck a bit, dropped some weight, and put 265/70's on her.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
What size pulley you running? I got the pro race package with SCT, no regrets, this thing is awesome. Still learning with it though. I picked up an M90 to put on my 94 4.0. Most likely I'll convert it to OBD2 for more tuning characteristics....

SVT

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I put a 2.8" on it. Remember that's at 5,500' in altitude, should be more like an increase of 1lb per tenth of an inch from the stock 3".
SCT makes a good tuner, but I was already familiar with Tweecer.

Fun stuff!

Last edited:

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice build. And great paint job on the blower.

If you need a smaller pulley.. .we've got 6pk 2.54" :) Slips right over the pulley.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
A month later, thanks!

The paint job was not done by me, powder coated, diamond black by the guy I bought it from.

I pulled a bunch of weight; the jump seats, side steps, rear bumper, sub woofer, spare tire carrier and tailgate to name the bigger items. I am also trying to make it more slippery, closed off 75% of the grill openings with aluminum mesh and installed an air dam. Next is a cab back visor, with the bed cover, combined they reduce drag about 18%.........

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
:yahoo:

I scored another blower. I had been looking for a decent deal, snagged it off ebay for $250, no other bidders. The current blower is in need of a rebuild. I hope this one is in better shape. either way, I will get one rebuilt now and can still drive it.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
New Whale tail spoiler! OK it's small, probably added at least 10lbs of downforce at 90mph and some drag, but I like it.

This addition was small, but you know it never stops, I want, I want! maybe a short block with forged internals down the road and worked over heads, intercooler and more boost! Speed Greed:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals