• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 b2 running like crap need help

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so my bii is running like crap it is a 2.9 with a4ld. It starts fine when cold it does have a miss can barely get out of its own way and won't restart after warm up. I have replaced tank pump plugs twice do to carbon fouling, tfi as well as pick up coil, wires cap and rotor, ignition coil, and the switch on fire wall. And the fuel pump relays, and the iac, I have ordered a O2 sensor today it's getting fuel and spark. When I run codes I get egr related codes. Could the egr really do this ?? Where else do I look ?? I also have a coolent sensor I haven't put in yet. Not sure if it's worth the mention but oil pressure gauge don't work. I by passed the inertia switch as well since it's off road only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sjr53

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like a Fuel Pressure Regulator that leaks fuel into the vacuum line and flooding it for restarts and causes the back cylinder(s) to misfire at idle and low rpm. A very common fault in my experience.

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I pulled the throttle body off yesterday after noticing how dirty it was. The ports the flow down into the egr was blocked shut would this contribute ?? I never dealt with egr so forgive me for being stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals