• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just purchased a 2007 Ford Ranger XL with 29k miles!

tmc_grad_09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Known problems with this truck I should get ahead of?

So far the trucks seems to run well, but the steering and suspension are a bit squeaky.

There's been a little water on the rubber floor boards, but I can't tell if that's coming in or if it is from the detailing. I'll figure that out with a little more time.

The previous owner put a black plastic cover over the bed and it appears to have trapped water, because parts of the bed are rusting out.

I plan to change the oil and put new tires on it first. I'm also going to put a new stereo and 6x8 speakers in it.

The center armrest is not a console. I could only find two OEM arm rest consoles on ebay and they were not the correct color. Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement center armrest that doubles as a console?

pelicanman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 06 xl,with a 3.0 auto.what engine do you have ??
Hell,at 29000k,thats gotta be like new.All i use is 5w20 full synthetic.runs like new.
Mine now has 94500k,had to do,ball joints,tie rods,rotors.Get grease fittings when you replace !!!But you should be good for another
50k,before you have to replace.
see ya,old retired guy

Last edited:

planeflyer21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Congrats! Always nice to find a low-mileage gem.

I'd stick with the solid armrest. The one that I had which doubled as a center console sucked. It never really closed right, stuff would slip out and disappear under the seats, the lid construction left a lot to be desired.

But if you really, really want one, try LMT Truck or JC Whitney for new, your local pull-a-part for a used one.

tmc_grad_09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 06 xl,with a 3.0 auto.what engine do you have ??
Hell,at 29000k,thats gotta be like new.All i use is 5w20 full synthetic.runs like new.
Mine now has 94500k,had to do,ball joints,tie rods,rotors.Get grease fittings when you replace !!!But you should be good for another
50k,before you have to replace.
see ya,old retired guy
It's a 2.3L auto. I preferred the smaller engine, because of gas mileage. I would have preferred a manual, but I only paid $5,500 for it so I accepted the automatic.

Thanks for the 5w20 full synthetic advise. That's what I'll use when I change my oil.

tmc_grad_09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats! Always nice to find a low-mileage gem.

I'd stick with the solid armrest. The one that I had which doubled as a center console sucked. It never really closed right, stuff would slip out and disappear under the seats, the lid construction left a lot to be desired.

But if you really, really want one, try LMT Truck or JC Whitney for new, your local pull-a-part for a used one.
Thanks for the advise. It looks like my best bet is a universal console that straps down using the middle seat belt.

https://www.amazon.com/Rampage-39223-Charcoal-Truck-Console/dp/B000GQA8DC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510679063&sr=8-1&keywords=rampage+center+console+for+truck

I'd really like to come up with a way to mount this universal console in place of my existing console by re-using the hardware.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals