• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Excluder dust deal replacement

dwbaily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Am about to tear into my '02 B4000 4x4 front suspension to replace those seals that I understand are officially called excluder seals. It's those seals that the CV axle goes thru in the knuckle. Mine started making a crunching type noise and I can make it stop temporarily by sticking a screwdriver in from the back and move it but it comes back eventually so am gonna rip into it and replace both sides. Anybody have any tips/cautions before I get knee deep into it? Thanks in advance.

dwbaily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hmmm....over 60 views and no suggestions. Maybe this issue isn't as prevalent as I thought. Anybody? :sad:

dwbaily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Here are some pix of the area where the seal goes from both sides, passenger and driver's. One side has the seal ripped out and the other its in there. Its right in that gap where the CV axle is going thru the knuckle into the hub assembly. Also a pic of the 2 different seals that are "supposed" to be for the truck. The shredded one is the one that got ripped out and the other larger one is what I bought that appears to fit into the hole in the knuckle. At least that's what the Mazda on-line parts store lists. What's really weird is that it doesn't appear there is one of them in there. I may be wrong because I haven't torn it apart yet. I ordered 2 smaller ones that aren't here yet and are supposed to be like the one that's shredded. This help any? :icon_confused:

Last edited:

dwbaily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Well, guess the system will not let me post pix on two different places. Posted this here AND on the Need Help Now link in hopes that somebody would see my plea. The pix actually are attached to my post on the Need Help Now link. Gonna attempt the repair Friday so hoping somebody has tried it before and can give me some tips/cautions. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving all! :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals