• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Line? How to Replace??

extremejdk

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I swapped in a complete 2.3L + 5speed transmission into my '91 Ranger. To make the pull easier we just snipped the clutch line leading to the slave cylinder but now that I have everything bolted in ... I can't find where to purchase a new clutch line?

Can I use standard high pressure hose? Do I have to use a razor blade or something to remove it from the cylinder nipples?

EDIT* Nevermind, found a clutch line online.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
There was a thread on this about a year ago...but there are a few lines you can use...but I would just try to get the whole master cylinder/clutch line from a model year that you took the tranny from...

There is a 'quick release' on the clutch line...it's not always easy to get it out and there is a special tool you need to use...but you can also try two screw drivers to peel back the white plastic inside the clip on the transmission side...then pull the entire master cylinder last...I found this to be actually harder than getting the line disconnected from the transmission...

But you're other option is to use a reinforced line...unforutnately I didn't go that route so I have no idea what to recommend...and not even sure if the thread made it to the new website...

EDIT: I just tried searching for clutch line but didn't find the old post where someone recommended a hose type that could be used...must've got lost when we changed sites...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals