• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hydraulic line and throw out bearing

oopssorry13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Manual
any help would be appreciated. im working on my 88 4x4 ranger. i just replaced the throwout bearing in my transmission. i replaced the bearing and put the transmission back in. ive tried to put the clutch hydraulic line back into the throwout bearing. for some reason it will not lock in place. i assumed there was something wrong with the new bearing. so i pulled the tranny back out removed the throwout bearing. i went under the truck and with the throwout bearing in my hand i put the line in with no problem.

sooo, i reinstalled everything again. and im having the same problem. wth am i doing wrong. do i need to install the line in the throwout bearing before i bolt the transmission to the motor or does it matter

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just FYI, the line plugs into the Slave, the throw out bearing is part of the slave in this model.

For the Quick Connect/Disconnect line, read 4th post here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166825

No, it wouldn't matter when you plugged in the line, as long as trans is supported in place so can't move and break the line

Last edited:

oopssorry13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok thank you. that does help. i was confused because the old style did not have the clip on the it, so i assumed the clip was just a secondary way of keeping it in. what it basically is saying is to push the line in as far as i can, then put the clip in it and im done. Is that correct?

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Reads like it. Please let us know how it goes. Apparently the clip style fastener is a newer development, and is throwing people for loops. :)

Probably need to create a sticky. (?)

oopssorry13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Manual
sorry i didnt reply sooner, ive been extremely busy. im going to try and work on it tonight or possibly tomorrow.

oopssorry13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Manual
i just got everything done and clutch works great. i didnt like the new design, for some reason i just didnt trust it. so i used the old fitting. i just knocked out the roll pin, slid it out and replaced it with the old one. im not saying the new one wasnt a better design, i just didnt care for it. long story short, used old fitting and works fine

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good work :icon_thumby:

Thanks for updating the thread with a solution :)

oopssorry13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals