• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lights and mounts

Quartermile

Any photographic evidence or websites for light mounts? Looking to add light in front and rear, maybe bed too. Have all factory bodywork, would prefer to keep the bumpers that way.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got you covered for the front though...:

LIGHT TABS!! The no-drill option that uses existing bumper hardware. For 98-05 trucks.

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60212

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70760
They mount to existing bumper hardware. More specifically, they mount to the bolts that secure the bumper reinforcement brackets to the bumper and main bumper bracket. Meaning...NO DRILLING INTO YOUR BUMPER!!

I made my own set similar to the stuff Underdog sells, but to my own specs. In my opinion, the Underdog/stuffforyourranger stuff should only be used on big housing lamps like daylighters. I've made like 5 sets of 'em...first set being exactly what Underdog sells and it just looked uuuuuugly with KC Slimlites. Underdog's stuff is very good quality and Wayne has really really good customer service and he's an all around great guy. If you can't make 'em yourself, I'd buy 'em from him and modify 'em for slim housing lights(drill new hole, shorten long side, finish, paint).

Here's my first tabs using the same measurements as the Underdog tabs with slimlites...

Made new ones using 1.50x0.250 flat stock. Bent using an oxy/acet torch on a vice. Eyeballed it. I shortend them up to hug against the grille by about 1.5" compaired to my old tabs. Running the same KC Slimlites.

Comparison between my old tabs and my new tabs. I believe I followed the diagram of what Jusnes and Underdog sells when i made the first set...except for the thickness of the first set of tabs.

Then you could add a crossmember like I have to have quad front KC's. I used donated stuff from a member in Mi. I believe it's 1/8" flat bar or sheet bent into a 90*.

Forgot a pic of the actual bolt and it's location. You can feel it with your fingers between the grille and the bumper and maybe you can feel it through the bumper hole.

Pictured is the back of an 01-05 bumper. Granted, it's got bodylift brackets on it but that doesn't matter, circled in orange is the bolts the light tabs mount to.

AH HA! Knew I had a better pic somewhere!

Quartermile

I can make a variation of that work for my truck. There is a lower bolt and it will exit between the plastic valence and the metal bumper

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals