• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newer 3rd Brake Light on my 96?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
After many failed attempts at "fixing the hole where the rain gets in", I've about decided I ought to just replace my 3rd brake light; plus it cracked on my last attempt. They look the same physically, but will the 3rd brake light from a 2010 Ranger fit my 96 Ranger? I would like to think Ford used the same harness too, but I can get around that.

Thanks for your help!

tkmckay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I grabbed one out of a early 2000ish F350 chassis cab at a local wreckers to replace mine so I could have the bed lights as my stock one only had the break light without the cargo lamps. There are alot of choices besides just Rangers to look at as I believe F150/250/350's also used the same 3rd light.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah im not sure what years but F250s did use the same light as rangers. as long as you get one with the right lights you should be fine i think. Are you sure thats where the rain is coming from?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals