• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Why won’t my ranger warm up all the way?

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Haven’t done much but drive the truck and have it inspected. I need to find new plate light sockets and covers. Local cops keep stopping me for the light looking for drunks. Also get a few bulbs for the cluster only 3 work I can’t see anything at night......

Also found out it’s the flex fuel model going to run a few gallons in the old girl and see what happens.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Haven’t done much but drive the truck and have it inspected. I need to find new plate light sockets and covers. Local cops keep stopping me for the light looking for drunks. Also get a few bulbs for the cluster only 3 work I can’t see anything at night......

Also found out it’s the flex fuel model going to run a few gallons in the old girl and see what happens.

if its never had alcohol in it before I would not do it now. Alcohol has a tendency to clean things which means contaminates in the tank can get loosened then sucked up by the pump.

NAPA and others have new bulb sockets

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I put half a tank of E85 in the old girl 30 Miles later still going lol 1.89vs 2.71 a gallon worth the risk. Going to hit the local parts store Monday looking for the sockets for the plate light.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 98 3.0 is not even a flex fuel vehicle, yet I put two gallons of E85 in with every fill up. It pings, so I use premium and add the E85 to that. I've had a lot of starting problems with it due to plugged injectors. Haven't had one starting problem since I started doing it last January. Haven't had one issue at all, not even a check engine light. Occasionally I get the PD codes for P0171/174, but they have yet to turn the light on. PD codes are pending codes, and mine will hold a P0171/174 PD code for months without turning the light on. So I don't lose sleep over it.

You can only know if a PD code is present by plugging a code reader in, which I do every time I drive it. It's old, and had a lot of issues in the past, so I like to keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I’m happy with the truck it’s a great beater man! Well worth the 800$ and a few hours of work I’ve put into it. E85 for the win! Can’t wait to do a full tank!

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
One thing I want to recommend if no one else has is always use an OEM motorcraft thermostat. You can get them on rockauto for about $20. I’ve never had luck with aftermarket ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The autozone brand t stat I have has been working it’s also got the fail safe we will see. If not I will get one from Ford. Truck could use a set of plugs and wires In a few weeks when it’s warmer.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a NAPA 180 in mine. Been in there since 2004 or so. No problemo.

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Had to replace the fan belt on the old girl the other day I was poking my head around under the hood and bam belt was shredding apart lol! 20$ and a hour later it was done. I need to get plate lights for this thing and a grill/ the trim for the front of the truck, I also hit a deer with this thing lol! ****ing dumb deer! Just glad it was basic cosmetic. Still happy with the 800$ truck I mean honestly it’s awesome ****er can do a good burn out also. Hahaha

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Added plugs and wires to my truck today it cleared up most of the miss fire but it still lightly has it no big deal the old girl has high miles! Worth the 60$ and hour of time.

B16racereg6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So she sucks in the snow lol but it’s fun drifting lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals