Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
06RangerXLT

Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT Extended Cab
I use this vehicle for: Shenanigans
06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of
Default off road?

so i have a 2wd xlt and me and a buddy wanna do some light to medium off roading. you know just get all nice and muddy. any who, what would be a good tire to run on stock 15x7 rims? and also, are there any areas in toronto area we can go? or are we just gona have to find a field. lol

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Bennybooster

Vehicle Year: 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Driving over stuff
Bennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to beholdBennybooster is a splendid one to behold

Get some 31x10.5 mud tires of any sort ( assuming they fit) and keep the pedal to the metal
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
colby450xc

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily driving, Work, Fun
colby450xc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to colby450xc

A locking differential or limited slip differential will do wonders also. A simple locker will only cost about $300 and is pretty simple to install also.
colby450xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
lil_Blue_Ford
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 95
Vehicle Model: F-150
I use this vehicle for: Work
lil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to lil_Blue_Ford

Get a locker and put some 31" mud tires on the back for traction. I'd have them on an extra set of rims (like some steel rims) that way you don't have to listen to them hum when you're not using the truck for play (and muds wear out faster than less aggressive tires). The more aggressive the rear tire, the better (Super Swamper Boggers will get you places!)

There are some ORV parks around the country but we're starting to lose a lot of them partly because of people who will go tear up a farmer's field or people who throw trash everywhere.

The other option for playing around offroading is the one I originally took. That was to look around and pick up a cheap Bronco II to play with. Parts are cheap and plentiful for them and they're easy to learn to work on your own stuff an build up. My lifted choptop has a total of about $1,650 invested in it right now including what I paid for the truck. By having a cheap playtoy with 4x4, you can go out and have fun on a weekend and if you break something, you still have a truck to get to work on Monday with.
"Blue Ox" 1995 F-150 xl: 4.9L, 5-spd, 4x4
2000 Ranger Supercab xlt: 4.0, auto, 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Some people are too stupid to be in management. That's why they keep getting promoted.
lil_Blue_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote