• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to put my speakers?

FrankBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
need the experts to tell me the best location to place 6x9's in my 84 standard cab.. the truck didn't have a radio from the factory so I'm starting from scratch.

Tell you the truth I'm surprised theirs not many tech articles on this.

FrankBoss

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
when u buy 6x9s some come with a peice of paper so u can cut a hole ot for them if it does use that and put them in ur doors if u are good with fiberglass make new door panels with spots for the speakers so u dont have to cut into the door... or hell go get a set of 6x9 boxes and put them under ur seats like i did

allnpt0

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Honestly there is no real good place for 6x9's. A good 6 1/2 component set works best. You have to place the mid low and towards the front of the door. I actually place a grill at the lowest, most forward point in the door and allow a 1/2 inch space from the bottom and forward edges of the door panel. You can actually use a really beefy mid at that location. I've used Kicker 6 1/2 freeair subs there. I've also used a pair of Image Dynamics IDQ 6's. Those are monster 6 1/2 mids. They really pounded for their size. The tweeters can be put where the stock 4's go in the dash. That would somewhat horn load them for better imaging. Hope this helps.

Pete

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals