• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

abs code

TheArcticWolf1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Currently I'm battling the code C1102, an accelerator sensor circuit malfunction code. I tested the TPS itself and it came back fine. The rear sensor on the diff was replaced with a brand new one, and everything else checks out okay. No other codes.

The code only appears after the vehicle is moved forward or backwards at 10MPH or faster for several feet, indicated by a yellow ABS light. Again, no other codes appear.

EDIT: Suppose I should add some specs. 1999 ford ranger XLT. 3.0 V6, 4x4 with an automatic transmission.

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Not accelerator, accelerometer. There is a difference. One makes you go faster, one measures how fast you are going faster.

There is a unit bolted to the frame near the fuel filter, has a 3-pin plug and an arrow on it. Take it out, set it on a level surface, and measure the resistance between the two outside pins, then the center pin and the right-most pin. If either is more than 5 ohms you need a new one.

TheArcticWolf1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Finally, someone who understands my problem. Thank you; I'll give that a try.

TheArcticWolf1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, I took the sensor off and put it in a bench vice (snug) as if it were mounted on the vehicle. All pins register at an ohm or less. So then for sake of experiment, I put it back in the vice, up and down; connector facing towards the ceiling. Infinite resistance between all pins.

Then, with the plug facing towards the floor, resistance was infinite between the center and right pin, but less than an ohm between the two outside pins.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals