• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help w/ my Bronco 2!!!

BroncoBilly2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My Bronco 2 died on me the other day and wont start...I pulled a plug and cranked it over..Its getting spark, I got a Fuel injector pressure tester and tested it w/ the key on...It read 40 psi...I can hear both fuel pumps when key is on...Im thinking the fuel isnt going thru the injectors....What should i do? Need Help its my Only vehicle...

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Was the spark plug wet?

If not then you are correct, no fuel is going in.

Fuel injectors get 12volts when key is on, you can test for that on any injector, either wire.
The Computer Grounds the injectors to open them, your 2.9l has Batch Fire EFI so computer Grounds 3 injectors at the same time, there are only 2 Ground wires coming from the computer.

The computer needs the PIP signal from the TFI module to start Grounding the injectors, if that wire is bad then computer doesn't know you are even cranking the engine.

BroncoBilly2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
RonD thanks!! ...No the sparg plug was dry...So It could be the Computer also right..

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, or a computers Ground wire, there are 3 or 4 of those, they are not shared internally.
Good read here on the EEC-IV computer(pre-'95,OBD I): http://www.auto-diagnostics.info/ford_eec_iv

pins 58 and 59 Ground(open) the injectors
pin 56 is the pulse signal(PIP) from the TFI module telling computer the timing for the injectors

And good read here on the TFI system wiring and tests: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TFI_Diagnostic.shtml
PIP is working in the distributor and TFI module or you wouldn't have spark, but there could be a problem with the PIP wire that goes to the computer

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals