• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Edge 4X4 "Super" Ranger

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here's an update:

She is broken-in and running great. Just a little rich in closed loop so I am working on the tune a bit.

My next upgrade is going to be water and meth injection. It's the best cooling for the buck right now after the rebuild, more affordable. I still like the idea of an intercooler, but don't have the time or money.

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Got the Snow Performance Meth/Water injection and installed it. It works great but the tank they sent leaked and an LED doesn't work. I had it set-up and then found the tank leaked, so it took time to rerun wires,tubing, and a run to the hardware store to adapt a fitting to the existing winder washer fluid tank.

The power improvement comes from adding 5 degrees of timing and reduceing fuel/air to 12.3:1. The timing change should add 12-18 horses. The lowering of air/fuel ratio makes for a better boom as does the increase in air density from the fluids injected and the cooling. That is likely another 12-18 horses.

It is a noticeable improvement, well worth the cost and time to install.

Now I need to get to the wrecking yard and find a smaller wiper fluid tank and coolant overflow tank.

Last edited:

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Damn Engine ate itself!

I think the timing chain on the back of the engine went.

Exactly what I was trying to avoid with a good rebuild.

Could of, should of kept the 5.0 and all out of the old Explorer and swapped it................F#%k!!!!

I would be done with 4.0 at this point, but it does have a warranty and am waiting for the tear down and what went wrong.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That sucks. Will your warranty cover it since you've modified it so much?

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the engine is covered as long as it wasn't tuning, pre-ignition, detonation or something. It was running great.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It's ****ed, there is no way to know if it was the rebuild, parts, or my tune.

I am done with the 4.0 and moving onto an X 5.0 for playing around.

Selling the blower and kit.

5.0 takes me back to my roots and is a solid engine with many performance parts.......and my upgrades will have transferred to the X.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals