• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fog light question.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't rely on them. More backyard mechanics around here than real ones.
Yeah, quite true. Never really did trust these reports as much as my gut, but when I bought the truck, It was great mechanically(still is) and I had a good feeling about it. And Since I already liked it anyways it was just kind of minor re-assurance that this was a good truck to read these reports. Also wanted to know if there were any leans on the truck for previous owners, and for this these services are quite reliable. I think I'll go wire huntin' tomorrow n' see bout them foglights. Cheers from West Virginia, Jeremy.. :icon_cheers:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Also wanted to know if there were any leans on the truck for previous owners, and for this these services are quite reliable.
That would be good. Didn't know that type of information was available.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
why not remove the bezel and see if anything is even hooked up to the fog light. only two screws above the heat control holds it on. pops off rather easy.

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
why not remove the bezel and see if anything is even hooked up to the fog light. only two screws above the heat control holds it on. pops off rather easy.
he said the button lights up to indicate on just fine, so the switch must be hooked up. I think that rules out changing the bezel

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, there is. If I can find the wires I will have a perfrct setup for some aftermarket fog lights mounted on a brushguard.:icon_thumby:

If you have the switch and it lights up and there are fuses and relays in place, I would assume you are wired all the way to behind the bumper. Previous owner prob switched valances/bumpers and just unplugged the lights

Last edited:

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know what you're saying, but after two weks of searching and looking at my 2000 which has foglights in tact, I cannot find the damn wires!! Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll look some more.

corrond56

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if you can't find any wires i would pull out the bezel and see which wires exactly are hooked into it. Make sure it has the factory wiring harness plugged in instead of a home made pigtail that someone wired up.

Phillips.Mike10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have the same issue in my 93, no fog lights on the truck. Just the one's i have installed. But my question is how do i hook it up to the switch in the truck instead, of the one that came with them?

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wheres the switch on a 93?

Phillips.Mike10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It is underneath of my light knob on the lower side panel running down towards the bottom. Came off when i was changing my dash lights.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Old thread but my 99 didnt come with fog lights either, i believe i saw the hookups dangling down there and i strung em up. I do know that it was in a slight front end crash, the grill was broken and the hood dented but It never came with fog lights, it did come with a fog light valance which i promptly broke off on the trails climbing a log.. I used the factory fog light switch as the switch for my running lights actually. Wired those up just the other day.

Phillips.Mike10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah my front bumper is all messed up i did not see anything hanging down but i do have a switch in the truck. How do i hook up to that switch?

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
yeah my front bumper is all messed up i did not see anything hanging down but i do have a switch in the truck. How do i hook up to that switch?
I just hooked the power wire for my running lights up to the power wire coming off the fog light switch, I took the 2 screws off that hold the whole console/head unit in and poked around the wires coming off the fog light switch with my multimeter to find that wire.. In my 99 i believe it was a tan wire with an orange stripe....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals