• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WTF? Replacement clutch disc doesn't fit on spline

MAXIMUSPRIME

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My clutch saga continues but I finally found the problem today. After several weekends of wrestling with the transmission, realigning the clutch, wrestling som more, I finally took the clutch disc out to see if it fits on the spline and guess what? It doesn't! Are there different splines on different 86 rangers, or is this some kind of fluke? Calling Rock Auto and Luk to get this taken care of. Furious.:annoyed:

MAXIMUSPRIME

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
After a closer look, I noticed some small knicks on the inside of the spline. Looks like the transmission spline got knocked on the end somehow, and deformed one of the teeth ever so slightly, causing it to hang up on the clutch disc. I can't believe all of this cussing and fighting has been because of such a tiny little bump on a spline shaft. Going to file it down and pop that sucker in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals