• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 Ford Ranger SAS

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
Um, that's not how it's done. But... It just might hold up, you did reinforce it.

Your supposed to chop the end of the tube off and then weld just the end back on.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
No I like it the way I did it. There is no sleeve inside the spindle. No matter where I cut it there would be no sleeve to slide it into. This way I was able to plate it top and bottom. P.s you showed pictures of a axle that is not full float. It is completely different from my full float dana 60. Thanks for trying to help though.

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
What do you guys think of My 42" Iroks!!! lol
Jk they are my friends...... he is letting me run them for a few days while we are doing some up grades to his truck. :icon_thumby:

FordRanger1991

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Um, that's not how it's done. But... It just might hold up, you did reinforce it.

Your supposed to chop the end of the tube off and then weld just the end back on.

lol "that's not how it's done..."

Well it was... and it is plenty strong haha

It is also a full-floater...but I am sure you know
Seems like comments like yours are not helpful and only attempt to tear people down... just saying

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I spent like 20min rewording that post so it didn't come out sounding mean. My mean comments are reserved for d!ckheads and postwhores, and I make it known.

I applaud your work, just saying I wouldn't have, and have never seen a cut there(even on a FF).

FordRanger1991

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I spent like 20min rewording that post so it didn't come out sounding mean. My mean comments are reserved for d!ckheads and postwhores, and I make it known.

I applaud your work, just saying I wouldn't have, and have never seen a cut there(even on a FF).

Yea man no problem. I am sure your a chill dude and didn't mean anything by it. There are a lot of people that do it like this though. Some people just butt weld them and don't actually brace at all like he did. The dana 60 ff you can't simply grind of a weld and slide the spindles off.

This was the first link that came up after a google search.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/445538-narrowing-full-float-dana-60-a.html

Has some info on other options that you can read if you want... or not lol just thought I would throw it up here :headbang:

4x4troy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok you can work on people and fab up some mean stuff....so is there anything you cannot do.....awesome work dude, i own a shop and build 4x4's and i have not seen anything wrong with everything you did....and i been doing this for 23 years.

FordRanger89

05/2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
I have not been on in forever!!!!!! haha
But since then, I have put a king pin dana 60 up front and a 14 bolt in the rear.
538's detroit rear and spartin front and 39.5 iroks
I three linked the front and slid the axle forward about 4 or 5 inches and kept my chevy 63's in the back. I also used a steering gear box out of a 79 f150 :yahoo:

My brother did the same swap!!!

Last edited:

RANGERROD

November 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How far off your roof does your light bar set? My truck barely fits in my garage. One tons is where it's at.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals