• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

popping noise

Granger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wasn't exactly sure which section to post this, so moderatros feel free to move this post to the appropriate location.

I just replaced the brake rotors, bearings, and brake pads with all new parts. However, when i hit the brakes there will be a loud popping noise coming from the passenger front. (just one pop). It doesn't happen every time i stop, but it's definately getting on my nerves and i dont know what it is. should i replace the caliper as well? (I can't believe how cheap parts are for this truck!)

Also, another problem that i've been having before and after replacing the front wheel bearings, rotors, and brake pads - clicking noise from the drivers front side. I only hear it when I'm driving at slower speeds (probably because i can't hear it over all the other racket when im driving). I've replaced the front bearings (inside and out) and i used the appropriate Ford grease. Not sure what else it could be. (4wd truck, but it is not engaged in 4wd when clicking)

Any thoughts on this would be helpful :) Just joined this forum because i have just bought this ranger. 4x4 v6 single cab 7ft bed. love the thing, and love this community so far. I will do what I can to try to help give back in any way that i can. :icon_thumby:

Granger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bump.. It's still doing this...

It doesnt happen every time i hit the brakes, juat every now and then. But it's a pretty significant pop.

firebomb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
is it coming from like under the car or from the wheel's type area one thing i am thinking of is the ac compressor. driver side. the ac will pull in and lock the clutch even though the heat is on it runs. i have not heard mine in a while cause i deleted the ac on the truck. if no ac on the truck is it when you hit a bump or when it is rolling be observant of when it happens. btw are you sure you got the right rotor's and pads on the passenger side? cause if not the right thickness it may click together. like a 8 inch brake when got a 10 or some thing similar. i am not sure about this but i think there was 2 types of 4x4 breaks for the 1994 year. so there may very well be more then one for yours. that or you don't got them mounted right? could also be like a planetary gear your hearing that if the 4x4 does not work .any ways wish you luck.

also what about the castle nut being too lose on it? do they feel loose in the steering wheel or in the brake like there wobbling and you step on the brake and they straighten out.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals