• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Door switch wires missing

ja8008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got my 1994 Ranger supercab last year. The guy who had it before me took some things out and did some creative wiring. I have the headache of fixing what he screwed up. :scare:

He removed the door jamb switch that turns on the dome light when the door opens. The wires might have fallen into the body but I can't see them. Does anyone know how to get inside the body where the door jamb switches are??

I have the switches I just need to find the wires inside the wall and install them.

Thanks,

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah that's a real pain in the ass. There really is no way to get in there easily. I would start with the passenger side. Remove the cover and the pull back the wires in the harness. The wire you are looking for it Light Green with a Yellow stripe (LG\Y). Or and this might work to is use a small piece of bailing wire and make a fish and see if you can hook the wires you want. The other side is considerable harder because the parking brake is in the way. Also if you do find the wire in the harness or you can just jump it over to the other side. The driver side has 3 wires to the switch. One goes to the warning chime.

Last edited:

ja8008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that's a real pain in the ass. There really is no way to get in there easily. I would start with the passenger side. Remove the cover and the pull back the wires in the harness. The wire you are looking for it Light Green with a Yellow stripe (LG\Y). Or and this might work to is use a small piece of bailing wire and make a fish and see if you can hook the wires you want. The other side is considerable harder because the parking brake is in the way. Also if you do find the wire in the harness or you can just jump it over to the other side. The driver side has 3 wires to the switch. One goes to the warning chime.
I was afraid of that. I'll give that a try but it'll be a while. I have to fix the missing shackle first. The guy used a block of wood to replace the drivers shackle when it broke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ja8008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Do both door switches have to be installed before they work right? Series or parallel circuit?

ja8008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info. I finally did it. You were right. The passenger side was done in 3 minutes. Drivers side too 2 hours because of the parking brake bracket. The dash bar mount is bolted down with the same bolt used for the parking brake bracket so there was a lot of trouble getting them to align so I could put the bolt through.
So now done lights work as does the headlight on chime.
Thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals