• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

va laws on aux. lights ???

rob jones

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have a ? ABOUT the va laws reguarding the lights i put 5 lights on the front of my roof rack. and i wanted to know if i got to keep the covers on them to ride on the hiway. thanks for your help. rob

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no you can leave em off but you cant turn em while drivin

lorenambrose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l V6
Transmission
Automatic
In Virginia, if any auxiliary lighting is above the factory headlight height for the vehicle, whether by its physical location or its projection IT MUST be covered, unless the vehicle is off-road.

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i lerned somethin then my buddys got 4 on top of his jeep and doesnt have covers he aint got a ticket so i dnt no

lorenambrose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well I will tell you this. I have never met a police officer or trooper that gives a hoot about your lights. It is like the VA tinting laws. Unless they are painfully obvious nobody is going to stop you just to measure light transmission. Also here is a little info from a trooper I talked to. The PoPo do have quotas per se', but non moving violations are not part of that, so there is no incentative for them to care too much.

Also there is a limit to the number of fog/driving lights you can have on a vehicle, and no matter how many you have you can only have two on at any time. So technically those combo lights from the auto parts store that have two bulbs in each light are illegal if both the yellow and the white lights are on at the same time.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals