• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaking at constant speed

tackit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 93 ranger 3.0 and it starts shaking around 35-40. It some times feels like its bucking.
I just changed plugs & wires, and also the wheel bearings and the shocks and still no luck.

tx_pwp5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4 inches
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
More auto shenanagans on instagram @waterloocustomworks
Check and make sure you don't have any bubbles in your tires, but that should be even more noticeable at low speed.

I also just had to swap my driveshaft out for a one piece after my lift. My carrier bearing bushing on the driveshaft got eaten up and it caused a similar vibration, but it got way worse after a week or so.

Make sure your tires are balanced.

Also, I've had a few vehicles that would shimmy/shake at speeds like that because of bad ball joints. This is especially noticeable if you have a little "slide" feel when you turn in one or both directions, like the truck will kind of shift one direction or the other very slightly. This could also be true for practically any rubber or similar suspension component that could be worn out and create slack in the system.

tackit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Check and make sure you don't have any bubbles in your tires, but that should be even more noticeable at low speed.

I also just had to swap my driveshaft out for a one piece after my lift. My carrier bearing bushing on the driveshaft got eaten up and it caused a similar vibration, but it got way worse after a week or so.

Make sure your tires are balanced.

Also, I've had a few vehicles that would shimmy/shake at speeds like that because of bad ball joints. This is especially noticeable if you have a little "slide" feel when you turn in one or both directions, like the truck will kind of shift one direction or the other very slightly. This could also be true for practically any rubber or similar suspension component that could be worn out and create slack in the system.

Changed out the ball joints and its still doing it and Im going to rebalance the tires tomorrow and also check the drive shaft.

tx_pwp5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4 inches
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
More auto shenanagans on instagram @waterloocustomworks
I had some terrible vibration that ended up being the tires. They were worn all weird from bad springs/poor alignment. After I put my lift on I got new tires and it was immediately gone. I got the alignment fixed to keep it from happening again.

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
I have a 93 ranger 3.0 and it starts shaking around 35-40. It some times feels like its bucking.
I just changed plugs & wires, and also the wheel bearings and the shocks and still no luck.
Find a local mechanic. And get that up on the lift and check everything before you kill someone.
Please

donaldcon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pretty vague description, a d your solutions don't help pin point it.

Is it a vibration or a wobble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals