• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Gutless Wonder

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
This thing is going to be the death of me. Got the master cylinder and line out tonight after fighting with it for an hour. There's BARELY any room to pull it out from the firewall. After all of the struggling, I'm just going to buy a new M/C and Line at work and throw it in so I don't have to worry about it.

Got my new exhaust bushing in after I cut the old one out.

The reason for replacement:

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
New Master cylinder and line is in........ and I'm STILL having the same problem. The ONLY thing I can think that it would be now is the clutch.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did you scope it out when the tranny was out?

And you should have threw some Explorer leaves under it.

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I looked at it, but apparently not close enough. I'm thinking one of the "fingers" on the pressure plate is out of alignment and causing the clutch to disengage crooked.

I'm not doing anything suspension-wise to it. Just going to drive it; it's pissed me off enough already this year.

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Transmission is much easier to pull the second time around... Had it ready to drop within 30 minutes. Lol.

Clutch and flywheel are out, going to send it off tomorrow to get resurfaced and put it back together on Tuesday.

Cleaned out the rest of the mouse nest too..

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, so it looks like the last time I updated this was two years ago almost on the dot. Here's the truck from about 2 months ago.

DSC_0416 by grannygoldblake, on Flickr

As you can see, nothing has changed, other than the installation of a Magnaflow muffler and a used Truxport tonneau cover that I picked up on eBay. I've just been driving it and doing regular maintenance type things. Still as dead nuts reliable as the day I bought it. Currently almost at 120,000 miles on it, which if you do the math is about 43,000 miles that I've put on it.

The rust is getting worse winter after winter. The paint has started to peel from the box side wheel wells. I'm not too worried, it just has to get me through the last two years of college. However, I am trying to find a 4WD. Haven't had ANY luck lately, the last 3 or 4 trucks I've looked at have all "looked" nice on craigslist but turn out to have quite a few issues upon looking at them.... so the hunt is still on for one. In the mean time I'll keep churning out the miles on this guy and hoping for the best!

Last edited:

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, finally found the truck I've been after. After driving numerous hours looking at trucks in opposite corners of the state, I found this one literally 2 miles from my house.

It's an '04 FX4 Level II stick with 145,000 miles on it. Picked it up for $3,500.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals