• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Changing over to a composite intake??

agrich2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anyone has any luck changing over their intake. I bought a new one that has no egr hook up on it but all the micro-fiche shows an egr inlet.
I have a 1999 3.0l that I have all but replaced the engine and I polished the lower intake and put roller rockers on it. Now I am looking at putting this intake on it on it appears to be more to it than a simple swap.

1. Where does the egr go??
2. Do you have to buy all of the 2003 PCV hosing??
3. What did you do about the throttle body and throttle cable
4. Did you have any issues with the throttle body freezing since there is no hook ups from the coolant anymore???
5. Did you have to fab up a new boot to the intake filter housing?

Thanks,
Aden

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
I did this on my 99' a couple years ago. Here's the link: http://www.ranger-forums.com/2-9l-3-0l-v6-tech-32/finally-installed-my-composite-upper-133037/

1. You eliminate the EGR and all it's components.
2. You will need the 03' brake booster and PCV hoses, your existing vacuum lines can be re-routed to work and you will have some left over.
3. Stock throttle cable, some tweaking will be needed to the stock TC bracket 0ff the 03' and you will have to use the TB designed for the composite intake.
4. Zero issues with freezing, 01' up 3.0's come with this setup from the factory.
5. You will need a 01-03' intake tube, the newer tube doesn't have a IAC sensor hole--I relocated mine to the airbox.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals