• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is there a Touch Drive module bypass?

.38spl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
My credo
James 1:19
Has anyone run their transfer case motor straight off of toggles, bypassing the dash module?

My overhead buttons don't light up, I don't get any kind of feedback whatsoever from them. I'd like to just put two stitches in the console.

I realize that the dash module is what keeps Low Range from engaging at speed, and I'm OK without that safety net.

As a last note, I have replaced my ECM with an 89 ECM. The 89 truck had manual 4x4. Not sure if that has anything do with it.

Thanks

Evan

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I don't think your ecm has anything to do with it. But I could be wrong. There is an excellent troubleshooting article in the "how to tech" section of this site. I would recommend reading that several times and try to fix the system as it is.

I'm sure the motor could be controlled with toggle switches, relays and the position contacts at the motor. But it's not as easy as just turning the motor on and off in forward and reverse. You have to make sure it stops in the proper positions. I have thought about that several times. But it's more trouble than fixing what Ford designed. If I ever get that desperate, I will install a manual t-case or use the shifster that I have on order.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

.38spl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
My credo
James 1:19
Thanks. I'm planning to swap to a manual case and hubs,i was just hoping to get a few other things done first. I've thought about the shiftster, just not 100% sold on it yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals