• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jrod72

Jrod72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
245ci sohc 4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Hi y'all.Ok my 03 ranger edge Sohc 4.0 l misses and shakes really bad at startup and at stops driving seems to be fine except the other day was at a stop and the thing seemed to lose almost all power when I took off.luckily I was about a mile from home.anyway scanned it and got several codes.as follows p0340 p0511 p0316 p0305 p0304 p0300 p0113 p0175 the 511 113 and 175 codes are new.truck has 124000 miles on it.going to do a compression test and leak down test soon. Did the paper trick with the exhaust and have been told its the valves going bad or the timing .Also have a lot of new parts that have been replaced since March of this year.complete tune up starter alternator intake gaskets fuel injectors coil pack wires ect.ect.have new o2 sensor but haven't changed it out yet.I love this truck .Any suggestions , please help it is my daily driver.will it be worth it to change head or replace engine .Any help at all is appreciated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals