• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 ranger XLT abs light 2wheel drive

tonyzz

Reaction score
Hello, is there another way to check the abs codes. I have tried to connect to the black and orange spade connector and then to ground. The light does not flash. I tried alligator clips a wire with the opposite connector which was very snug and a long wire to ground. No luck. Any help would be great as once I hit the first stop sign the abs light comes on. All fuses in fuse box are good non blown. I turned. To run no start to try to get the codes. Also brake fluid is full and the connector appears ok no lose wires.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You just touch it to Ground after key is turned to RUN, you don't leave it Grounded

If there are no Codes then problem is most likely ABS module since thats where the codes come from.

Also check to make sure rear brake lights are working, if brake light fuse blows ABS light will come on when you brake

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
You just touch it to Ground after key is turned to RUN, you don't leave it Grounded

If there are no Codes then problem is most likely ABS module since thats where the codes come from.

Also check to make sure rear brake lights are working, if brake light fuse blows ABS light will come on when you brake
I just did it you don't connect the wire to the to plug you connect it to the male spade. It's what I did, I grounded it at the ignition key so I can watch at the same time with the key on.
Got 4
Code:
https://youtu.be/tafU3QkkElI

tonyzz

Reaction score
I just did it you don't connect the wire to the to plug you connect it to the male spade. It's what I did, I grounded it at the ignition key so I can watch at the same time with the key on.
Got 4
Code:
https://youtu.be/tafU3QkkElI
Hello I did attach the wire to the metal spade and turned the key to run then touched the other ends bare wire to a ground by the fuse box also tried the ignition cylinder and the metal from of the truck nothing flahsed. I also did not leave it connected held it a few seconds and let go didn't have it connected to any ground on the spade connector.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Hello I did attach the wire to the metal spade and turned the key to run then touched the other ends bare wire to a ground by the fuse box also tried the ignition cylinder and the metal from of the truck nothing flahsed. I also did not leave it connected held it a few seconds and let go didn't have it connected to any ground on the spade connector.

Hope you didn't hit a hot wire and pop a fuse,. If you're sure you did it right, maybe it's already shot, toast, no good lol

tonyzz

Reaction score
Hope you didn't hit a hot wire and pop a fuse,. If you're sure you did it right, maybe it's already shot, toast, no good lol
Maybe the unit is bad. Was fine, then last week abs light came on. Read many places to use alligator clips, unplug connector under dash by the circle of wires black and orange wire. Unplug connector place clip on the metal spade, turn key to run and touch the other end to ground. I checked all fuses and tested with my meter all that and look ok. The light comes on after the first forward stop. In reverse the light does not come on when I press the brakes.

Thanks for all the help.

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Maybe the unit is bad. Was fine, then last week abs light came on. Read many places to use alligator clips, unplug connector under dash by the circle of wires black and orange wire. Unplug connector place clip on the metal spade, turn key to run and touch the other end to ground. I checked all fuses and tested with my meter all that and look ok. The light comes on after the first forward stop. In reverse the light does not come on when I press the brakes.

Thanks for all the help.

Well it's not for me to tell you what to do but I remove or bypass the rabs unit 98% of the time you don't have rear brakes where they lock up and worse new units cost well over $100 so it's a no-brainer for me to have better brakes
This lady is one of my favorites on YouTube
Code:
 https://youtu.be/96Iay_Yj5oI

tonyzz

Reaction score
Well it's not for me to tell you what to do but I remove or bypass the rabs unit 98% of the time you don't have rear brakes where they lock up and worse new units cost well over $100 so it's a no-brainer for me to have better brakes
This lady is one of my favorites on YouTube
Code:
 https://youtu.be/96Iay_Yj5oI
Thanks I tried again no luck. I heard the abs on 93's suck, I think I will bypass it not good having the rear brakes lookup when the light is on

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Thanks I tried again no luck. I heard the abs on 93's suck, I think I will bypass it not good having the rear brakes lookup when the light is on

I understand that. Passages get clogged with rust or worse it cost me 3 sets of rear brake drums

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals