• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

One Mean C10....

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I deleted my other thread that had this truck in it, and created its own. It is my 1968 C10 truck that i bought as a project for my dad and me wile I was in Iraq in 2006.

When I bought it off eBay

Last time I was in Kentucky

Right now, the outside is painted with a base coat black and no clear, and then the pinstriping is done in red. It has a '69 doghouse on it, but I put a '72 all chrome grille and billet insert on it. The wheels are staggered camaro rallyes (15x8's in the rear, 15x7's in the front) that have been powdercoated, added a beauty ring and a chrome center cap to them. My pops also put a brand new suspension from Southern KY Classics under it including a disc brake conversion, new shocks, springs, and drop spindles. The trucks has been lowered 5" all around. It was the lowest we could go without having to notch the frame. I bought the Sir Micheal's roll pan and tailgate skin for it, and we have yet to replace the tailgate, but the pan is on. The powerplant is an LS1 and 4L60E with a 12 bolt rear and 3:73 gears. Exhaust is 3" custom into Magnaflow stage II mufflers. Intake is from a 2001 Chevy Silverado. Computer and harness were redone by Howell Engineering.

Here are some before and after pics. The truck is no where near finished, but is on the back burner until I get the Ranger finished and I move back home. (August '11)

Interior:

Before

After

Door Panels:

Before

After

Engine Bay:

Before

After

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My plan changed. I have a lot of memories in the truck looking like this, so i am keeping it this way. I do plan on adding a lot more performance to it, and changing a couple little things on the outside, but other than that, it will be Satin Black. It will have red pinstriped flames. It will retain the 69-72 clip. The interior will stay the same. The motor will stay in it. Other than those things, its still pretty vague. Likely very very very very close to what it is now, just a little meaner, a little leaner, and a lot cleaner.

Last edited:

inuyasha2875

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
very nice i do like the old chevy trucks

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
new pics

And for the only rust in the whole truck.....
Now you see it...

Now you dont :D

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Very nice truck man!! I've got a '73 f100 that has rust right where yours is and the previous owner riveted a piece of sheet metal over it.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
That looks AWESOME just the way it is. Can't imagine what your gonna turn it into but I'm excited. I do love that bodystyle!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Badass truck!!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Man it's been a while since updating this.

Over the winter I started having cooling problems and the truck started running rough. The heat has pretty much been non-existent since I moved back.

After researching, my water pump is leaking, and I have a feeling either the intake gaskets are leaking or the head gaskets are blown. I have been romping on this thing every chance I could, so it would not surprise me if the head gaskets are toast.

Yesterday I picked up a set of wheels for my pops. Since his most recent project truck is still a long ways off, he offered to let me run them on Nasty.

Here is a pic of the wheels

With the diesel back together, it's time to fix this one. I ready to start ripping up the streets again!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Started getting things ready for when the new pump arrives. I got everything removed and the bolts to the WP loose, just waiting on the new one. I went back with AC Delco brand rather than buying reman or aftermarket.

This has me worried... I'm not sure what this is, but it's on the intake where the throttle body meets the intake.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
That truck is nice. It reminds me of the truck on Dazed and Confused. My friend has a 69 long bed that once sat even lower than yours, and is now on a 4x4 chassis. These are by far the best looking GMC/Chevy trucks ever built.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That truck is nice. It reminds me of the truck on Dazed and Confused. My friend has a 69 long bed that once sat even lower than yours, and is now on a 4x4 chassis. These are by far the best looking GMC/Chevy trucks ever built.
Thanks man. I have been neglecting it for a long time. It has been sitting in this config since 2006 and had the LS since 2010. I have since then had the issues i stated above.

I have some good plans involving this truck in the very near future. Going to get it back to a DD status again.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
guess i need to subscribe to this.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Josh, I vote putting a new lung on top like I'm planning. But then again, I'm gettin boost happy with ALL my projects (not just mine, I'm boosting the 5.0 i out in B's dad's jeep too) :woot:

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals