• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do I remove my headlights? (94)

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
How do I remove the headlights (the whole unit, not just the bulbs) on my 94 ranger?:icon_confused:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
first off what are you putting in? just the head lights or the corners? and its really easy to do both, i promise this is long but its simple once you get going.

pop the hood, look at the chrome grille trim and unscrew all the screws across the top center peice pull that off to the side then you should see the top of your grille, go to the bottom of the grille and pull that out its got like a push tab sort of thing stick you hand betweenten the bumper and the header panel and you can feel em pop em out on each side and pull that off to the side

there are two screws, one on each side of each housing, these are your adjustment screws DO NOT UNSCREW THESE, YOU WILL REGRET IT. if you do you will have to align you head lights again, it is a PITA to do. the first one on the inside of the lights can be seen once the grilles been removed, then the outer ones are trickyer

you have to remove the corner lights to get to the out screw there should be one bolt holding the corners in along with some sort of ribbed prong, un bolt the bolt at the top and to get the ribbed thingy out i used a cresent wrench and just get as much leverage on it as possible and push it out(none of this make sense now it will be easier to understand once your under the hood,) once you get the corner lights out you can see the next screw,

on each screw there is another tab get some pliers and squeeze the tab and slide each side of the head light out as you have the tab squeeezed and presto the headlights out! and make sure you unplug the light socket from the light housing so you dont pull out a wire or something

ill try and get pictures when i get off work tomorrow if you need them to help me explain what im sayn
hope this helps

baker

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I have already removed the corner lights. I just couldn't quite work out how to get the headlights out. I guess, from what you are saying, I need to take the grille off as well to get at the headlights.

EnglishDan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I figured it out - pretty simple really. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals