• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 Fog Light

bsquared

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyonw know of a projector fog light that fits the 2008/09/10 fog light housing? I currently have a 2009 Sport with factory fog lights and am looking to install a set of projector fog lights in the stock location. I was hoping to find something that uses the same bulb as stock or a 9005 bulb so that I could keep the factory switch and plug.

I would like to run projectors in place of the stock fog light with the option to instal an HID kit later on.

Anyonw know of any options for this?

Thanks.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I can't find the member.....but there's a guy that has a DSG '08-10 with projos in the fogs and those 1 piece projo headlights. He said he used a 06-08 F150 projo fog that bolts right into valences on 08+ Rangers. I havn't confirmed, but I've been meaning to confirm that the fogs on 08+ Rangers are the same on 06-08 F150's.

STingray1300

Reaction score
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Easily, the quickest upgrade to the fogs is the 9005 bulb.

1 step up the ladder, get a set of 9011 bulbs. These are called "HIR" bulbs, and are factory bulbs in cars like the Viper, etc. They are superior in light output to the 9005, and fit with a small, partial snip to the top tab of the HIR bulb. It also uses the OEM plug. 65 watts, nearly 1400 lumens.

You won't long for HIDs once you see this fog light.

Just remember, fog lights don't improve your distance vision at all. AAMOF, it tends to decrease it. But it good for cow-trailing and such, or just getting people to notice you on the road. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals