• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 b2300 rough idle.

Blaynie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hi guys, I'm new here. I was told this is a good resource so I thought I'd give it a try. My B 2300 has the continuing problem of idling very rough, stalling out as I approach lights and turns, and drinking gas pretty bad it would seem. When the problem began I noticed a vacuum hose underneath the throttlebody had become rotten and fell apart. But after replacing that the problem was not repaired. I've since replaced almost all the vacuum hoses. And yet the problem continues. She'll run fine when you get up to speed. I've also replace the PCV valve and checked that elbow coming from the PCV valve for leaks. I'm just not sure what I'm missing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

poco70

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I'm researching a low fuel pressure at KOEO and from what I have read, if I had you problem would look to the fuel system. Start with fuel pressure, check the fuel pressure regulator, does the fuel pump turn on, fuel filter, etc.

I have not found the problem of having 5 psi of pressure when the Key is On and the Engine is Off. I did replace the fuel filter and had some trouble with the special pressure connector on the engine side of the filter. Probably will be replacing the filter again and the line.

poco70

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I believe the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC Valve) needs to be cleaned or replaced. Try the cleaning first. Be careful with the gasket.

https://youtu.be/iQr6E9Z7sg4

I'll be doing this with my own vehicle soon, now that I think I have the low fuel pressure issue fixed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals