• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is it a sheet metal strip or something else

bnrr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
What is the piece of metal that holds the weather door seal? On my 96 ranger the weather seal is not on the door but on the door frame. There is also no seal on the door (top and side)
The only rubber seal on the door is on the bottom or underneath the door.Ok.. my problem is this, the weather door seal is installed inside of the door frame ( not on the door itself ) the seal is held in place by sheetmetal or something else, weild to the door frame. If I remove the
seal the sheetmetal that holds the seal in place will all fall out due to rust and when that happens there will be nothing to hold the seal in place, this is for both the driver and passenger side. I need to replace both the door seals because of leaks. When it leaks during
raining season, the passenger side is flooded while the driver side is just a small amount of water. The help I need is just specs information for the metal to hold the seal on the thicknesses, what kind is it and so forth. I have check the junkyard, but the design or the location of the seal is different compared to my ranger. 97s and later rangers the seal is installed by panels not mine. Did anyone in TSR encounter this kind of problem? Please help.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

bnrr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello RonD, thanks for your reply. I have check the LMC truck link that you provided, but I do not need the seal, I need the metal strips that holds the seal in place, in other words to hold up the rubber seal. I need to know if its a sheet metal or adifferent type, how thick how wide. If I remove the rubber seal the metal part would also at the same will come off together with the seal ( due to rust damage ) and when that happens there will be nothing to reinstalled the rubber seal. The job calls for welding a new metal for the
rubber seal. I would like to take a few pictures to illustrate the problem, but unfortunately where I am from
I am in the middle of a typhoon ( Guam ) and it would take at least at least 4 days for a clear weather.
I am open to any advice or suggestions from the TRS community. Thanks.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Google: ford ranger door belt moulding

Last edited:

hunter227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
every day above ground is a good day
door weather molding strip

I have a 2000 b2500 that has that rubber stripping off. Your solution was great. When I looked for a new part I wanted a chrome one, no luck, I guess cause of the rubber piece that lays against the window. I'm going to get all the nasty off and polish the piece out. Polished aluminum is a pain to keep pretty but you can use tricks to make it last a little while till you have to redo it.I'm going to test a small corner first to make sure it's real aluminum and will polish, if not then I guess it's paint. Looks good though so I'll learn to love it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals