• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift help, 1989 chevy 1500

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its a buddys truck, its a standard cab, long bed. it has the g80 axle option (rear locker), with 3.55/3.45 gears (cant remember which). granny gear 3 speed and a 350, he has 29s now, but wants to run 33's. he has no plans for an sas, or regear.

i have 33's and a front locker, he follows me almost everywhere, as he has tons of clearance in the front, he only drags the 14 bolt around. thus the reason for 33's and the weak front end.

his girlfriend asked me to look into lift kits for his truck, so hell stop trying to buy a lifted truck.

i looked at a body lift, but i think he might be better off with a leveling kit, with torsion keys.

3 inch body lift is like 200 bucks, and a tuff country leveling kit is like 170... but it comes with an add a leaf for the rear, and he already complains about it being to stiff. maybe just leave it out?

im not sure if his girlfriend is willing to pay a grand for the 4 inch, but it might be a better option. (he doesnt need 6)

i was thinking maybe get the torsion keys only and remove a leaf from the rear pack to soften up the rear? he never hauls anything heavy nor does he tow any thing. im hoping with the keys he wont have any real bad front end problems?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals