• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 4WD Front Wheel Lug Stud

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
85 & 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Had a front Wheel Lug Stud snap on my 94 Ranger 4x4.
The following part numbers are listed for this application:
Dorman Pt.# 610-391
Dorman Pt # 970441.1
NAPA # 641-1602
Raybestos lists # 27881B
They are all spec’d at 2 3/32” long.
The stud that I knocked out is 2 5/16” long.
IF I use any of the above it will be 0.219” to short and I’ll end up with about half the threads in the lug nut hanging in space with the Factory Aluminum Wheels.

The local Ford Parts department says that the studs they list are now obsolete.
I ask NAPA to pull out a replacement 4WD rotor & there were the correct length studs!!!
They are being made and I’ve seen them, so they do exist!
Find a listing for those studs? So far, 2 days of searching and nothing!
So it looks like if I want to replace just the stud that broke, which should cost about $2; I get to buy a complete replacement Rotor for about 25X that $2!.

I know it is a long shot but, somebody is making the correct stud and somebody knows who that is and even a part number... Help??

For the record: The stud must have a 7/8” long Shoulder and be not less then 2 5/16” long. The rest of the dimensions for the studs listed above will work.

Thanks for any help.
C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
85 & 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Went and picked up a complete rotor then knocked one stud out and it matches the stud that was in the old rotor.
My conclusion is the stud that is listed as being correct for the Ranger 4x4 front is in fact incorrect.

Oh well $45 gets me back together :annoyed:

C

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

The part you needed is Raybestos 27833B. It is listed for the 4x2 but is the right part for the 4x4 as well. It's the length that you want' I had the same problem with my 94 B2300 when I broke a stud. Only listed ones that were shorter than original.

Also yes the Ford guy was right as they are obsolete to Ford. They are no longer having their supplier stocking them.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
85 & 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

The part you needed is Raybestos 27833B. It is listed for the 4x2 but is the right part for the 4x4 as well. It's the length that you want' I had the same problem with my 94 B2300 when I broke a stud. Only listed ones that were shorter than original.

Also yes the Ford guy was right as they are obsolete to Ford. They are no longer having their supplier stocking them.
Thank You for that! :beer:
I'm tempted to find a few and knock them into the original rotor as a spare. However, I plan on going to D44-outers and all this will become irrelevant at that point
Thanks Again!
C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
85 & 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Figure I'll add a thousand words before I let this go.
I've attached a quick drawing with dimensions of what I've been talking about.

C

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals