• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

little blue gets a chance

kegs85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter V6
Transmission
Manual
turning 85 into a crawler/mudder/trail rig

well i bought an 85 from a friend of mine for pretty cheap. it needed some parts so i figured it would be a good project to turn into a crawlin buggy. its a standard cab long bed with the 2.8 ltr. so far i have found the begins of a poorly done attempt at a duraspark and have began to rewire everything. I am not using the duraspark for now as i do not have the money to do it right. so i went to the junkyard and got a comp and wiring harness. I nearly have that in and should be done wiring by this weekend. I took off the half done body lift as well because it was missing a lot of other parts to it. I removed the bed as i will be building a custom flat bed for it as well:icon_welder:. i also have the interior ripped apart so i can herculine the inside and part of the out and put in a good stereo system. hopefully this is the beginning of a sweet rig that's street legal...at least for a little while until i'm outta high school. :headbang:

Last edited:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
well i bought an 85 from a friend of mine for pretty cheap. it needed some parts so i figured it would be a good project to turn into a crawlin buggy. its a standard cab long bed with the 2.8 ltr. so far i have found the begins of a poorly done attempt at a duraspark and have began to rewire everything. I am not using the duraspark for now as i do not have the money to do it right. so i went to the junkyard and got a comp and wiring harness. I nearly have that in and should be done wiring by this weekend. I took off the half done body lift as well because it was missing a lot of other parts to it. I removed the bed as i will be building a custom flat bed for it as well:icon_welder:. i also have the interior ripped apart so i can herculine the inside and part of the out and put in a good stereo system. hopefully this is the beginning of a sweet rig that's street legal...at least for a little while until i'm outta high school. :headbang:
got any pics? were in co are ya from? if ya need a hand im always down to loan one to a fellow RBV owner:icon_thumby:

kegs85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter V6
Transmission
Manual
well thanks to the help of kimcrwbr1 i now have a duraspark!! tomoro i'll finish the carb work and crank her over. hopefully it works so i can get onto the interior work and the herculining! i'd put up some pics but i really have no idea how to so someone should tell me how so i can post pics as i go

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
well thanks to the help of kimcrwbr1 i now have a duraspark!! tomoro i'll finish the carb work and crank her over. hopefully it works so i can get onto the interior work and the herculining! i'd put up some pics but i really have no idea how to so someone should tell me how so i can post pics as i go
upload your pics to a photobucket or something, copy the

kegs85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter V6
Transmission
Manual
hey long time since i've posted...traded my jeep for a 99 cummins so i've been busy with it. got to the ranger this weekend for a bit on saturday and got the outside herculined. came out pretty good. i went from the body line just below the door handle down. i'll try to put some pics up.
now i gotta herculine the floor boards and put the interior back together. then diff service and new u joints. i'm wantin to clear 35's to 37's when i'm done. how high lift do i need to go? (i am building a custom flat bed that will sit 14 inches off of the frame and probably be over the wheels for streetlegalness). i am going to be in rocks and mud so i want a lot of articulation. i read up on the chevy springs and was thinking about that and the shackle mount flip in the tech forum for better wheel travel. how much lift would this give me? from there could i do a block kit to get the rest? what is the best to do to the front?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals