• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need 1993 4.0 2WD Manual Trans ECU Pinout for Megasquirt

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm going to build a simple patch harness that connects my stock ECU plug/harness to the Megasquirt/Speeduino DB37 connector (rather than rewiring the entire engine), for a PNP type system. I believe these are the same 60 pin connectors used on the other Fords but I'm looking for a proper ECU pinout for this year/model of truck. Does anybody have this info?

Thanks!

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know this is a pretty old thread by now but wanted to circle back update. I ended up finding some electrical diagrams with factory ECU pinouts that I used to create a new conversion pinout. I was able to simply make a patch harness that plugs in between the factory ECU harness and the microsquirt ECU (using EEC-IV connector and pins from EFI Source) and got the truck running on MS. This is probably the 100th vehicle i'm tuning on MS so not new to that by any means (I remote tune cars often) but just new to the implementation in a ranger. From an Idle/Rev/Driving perspective it seems to be as good or better than factory so far. This engine is so easy to tune. I now also have a few spare inputs and outputs to drive a fan relay, add 2-step on the clutch switch, an electronic boost controller if i want, etc.

Anyways, the truck runs great and it's ready for a GT35 turbo now. :p Let me know if you're doing a similar conversion and I'll be willing to lend a hand.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Why did you decide to run the truck on a MS system in the first place? Just curious.

5.0Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why did you decide to run the truck on a MS system in the first place? Just curious.
Many reasons honestly. The truck started having some computer related electrical issues and we had known that it would probably see some boost or an engine swap in the future anyway. It wasn't worth my time or cost to diagnose the stock system. I own many megasquirt-based systems on my own cars and remotely tune tons of them so it's a far more familiar platform for me to use rather than something from moates or an anderson PMS. With a ~$200 (used) microsquirt system and about $35 worth of pins/wire/connector, I can have a ranger running on MS with a very intuitive tuning interface that lets me see all sensor readouts real time, I can determine engine health, tune for any engine modification, and utilize native features such as 2-step, boost control, fan control, etc.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals