• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my first ranger

nate09

Reaction score
bit of a project truck/DD. 93 supercab 4.0 5 speed 4x4 with 206K on it. how it looked when it started...

and after the doors and fender swap

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like a good start

nate09

Reaction score
im not really what to do about the passenger bedside or rear of the cab as of yet but the drivers fender is savable.

in the future id like to have it lifted with maybe some 33s on it but being a poor college kid prevents that for now

nate09

Reaction score
ive already upgraded to a pioneer head unit and put some memphis speakers in the doors as they were both blown and i got a killer deal. the doors and fender i picked up cheap from a guy parting out a few rangers he had.

the previous owner always had a dog inside the truck so it was full of hair, any way to get rid of the dog smell? ive tried automobile febreeze but the smell came back after a few days.

4x4builder1

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.6L 400
Transmission
Automatic
Hey its my trucks little brother j/k looks good

nate09

Reaction score
had to replace the drivers side front spring hanger as it finally rotted through and broke. didnt have the option to remove the bed to fix it and working around the gas tank was a pain.

took off the foglights and valance last night, the lights didnt work and i didnt really like it much anyway. also installed a pioneer headunit and memphis speakers in the doors a few weeks ago.

and a few pics of the hitch... considering taking it off as i wont use it, but im sure it'd be more of a hassle than id care for right now.

Last edited:

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
You should check out the other spring hanger and the rear shackles. They're notorious for rusting out, and likely in bad shape since your hanger already rusted through.

nate09

Reaction score
You should check out the other spring hanger and the rear shackles. They're notorious for rusting out, and likely in bad shape since your hanger already rusted through.
i did after the first one broke. theyre fine for now, but ill be replacing the rest of them in the very near future. i started my job last week and between that and college ive been rather busy.

nate09

Reaction score
i like rust....

so long as ill be replacing the mounts is it worth it to flip them with stock leaves and shackles?

xnickitynickx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Oldsmobile
Engine Size
3.1L V6
Transmission
Automatic
It's pretty cool. A bit of a project but it'll be fun.

nate09

Reaction score
tore that monster of a hitch off as it was rusted pretty bad anyway. finally got a chance to replace the shackles and mounts this weekend too. much nicer to not feel the rear end moving around when i drive it. ill post some new pics soon.

phatdaddy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
Transmission
Manual
stand it we can not.....more you most show us!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals